Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Roadside Round-Up

After last week's post featuring our nursery dresser, I started to realize just how much stuff around our house was spotted on the side of the road! I think maybe it's time to take a look back to some of my favorite roadside projects this last year.

It all started with this sweet little desk. My husband didn't see the potential for this desk when it first showed up at our house. Who can blame him since he ended up putting in a lot of the leg work. I was so happy with the outcome!

Next came these windows. I had been wanting some windows for a while, and low and behold someone around the corner from my in-laws had thrown out perfectly good windows! They were just screaming for a project. 
A few months later this rocking chair caught my eye. It didn't have a seat, but the structure and the color was just too gorgeous to ignore. It now sits in our living room as one of my favorite accent pieces! I can't even imagine replacing it. How in the world did no one see the value in that fabulous craftsmanship? I have to say even though I had to pay $10 for this roadside find, it was WELL worth it!
And of course there is much more to say about the nursery dresser!
How have you turned another man's trash into your little treasures? Doesn't it feel good to be thrifty??

Happy Wednesday,

3 comments:

Me, still July 6, 2011 at 12:11 PM  

OMG!!! The rocker!! Some people just have no idea!!!

Shug July 6, 2011 at 4:03 PM  

Great job with all the diy projects you have posted...
I helped my daughter with a Huge garage sale this past weekend...Instead of making a treasure for myself, I think we must have helped a lot of other people with some big items for some great diy projects...hated to see the stuff go, but just no room to keep it all...
blessings,
shug

Kim@todayismysome-day July 6, 2011 at 6:41 PM  

Love all the roadside projects. I have been on the look-out for things "on the side of the road", but I have yet to see any. I have seen some icky upholstered stuff, but nothing I'd put in my car :) Yet...

Related Posts with Thumbnails