Wednesday, July 27, 2011

State Love...{A Silhouette Project}

 I am sure you have seen some great 'state love' all over the blog world. I particularly remember a site I saw one time with a fabulous graphic/ geometric state cut out with a simple heart placed over the city in which you live. Well, as soon as I got my Silhouette SD several months back, I couldn't wait to make my own rendition.

Using the Silhouette Software, it was very easy to create. All I had to do was locate a clear state outline. I took mine from some free clip-art using google images. Using the software, you can select an area and have the computer trace an outline for us. It was so easy to do!
Next, all I had to do was select some great scrapbook paper to cut my design out on and send it to my Silhouette machine. 
I decided to frame my project using an old cast off. 
I took the picture and backing out of the frame, and glued the state with its little heart directly to the glass. I love the way it looks like it is floating in the frame.
Simple state love, my favorite! Can you think of something that would look great floating on a bookshelf near you?

I'll be linking to these parties this week, hope to see you there!

Happy Wednesday!

18 comments:

Unknown July 27, 2011 at 7:11 AM  

Oh! I love this... May need to make myself a little Texas one, but unless I can find a nearby friend with a Silouette machine, I may be resorting to the old fashioned scissor method. Yikes!

Sarah @ Scissors and a Whisk July 27, 2011 at 8:13 AM  

I need a silhouette. I need one of Texas.

TBonesMom July 27, 2011 at 8:14 AM  

Actually, I think a family picture silhouette would be cute...is there a tracing feature that would allow you to take an outline from an old family photo?

I do like the "state love" though.

brlracincwgrl July 27, 2011 at 8:51 AM  

I love it! And you picked the right state! :).

allenkd July 27, 2011 at 10:58 AM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenna July 27, 2011 at 11:03 AM  

So cute! I live in ky too, in lexington. Your heart looks like it's Lexington or close by. Are we neighbors? :)

allenkd July 27, 2011 at 11:18 AM  

I love it & am too from the Bluegrass State! Would you be willing to make one & sell it?

Contact me - allenkd@hotmail.com

Tamie July 27, 2011 at 1:25 PM  

i LOVE state art.
I did some myself for my boys bathroom. --- not a silhouette though.

Patrice July 27, 2011 at 4:22 PM  

Thanks guys!

@TbonesMom, there is a tracing feature for tracing silhouettes of families, yes! I am still trying to master that one though. Maybe if I can figure it out soon I will post about that option too.

@Jenna, I think we might just be neighbors :)

Kelly July 27, 2011 at 4:35 PM  

I love this...I can't wait to make one for my house. Maybe I should make two {one for myself and one for my husband since we both were born in different states than we live now}. Thanks for sharing!

Delaney July 27, 2011 at 4:46 PM  

That looks great! love!

Jessica July 27, 2011 at 5:49 PM  

Patrice this is so cute and how exciting that we are followed by Jenna (a fellow lexitonian) I need one of these as well:)

Tiffany July 27, 2011 at 5:55 PM  

LOVE this, Patrice!

Shug July 27, 2011 at 7:28 PM  

Ooooooo, I need a Texas one as well...this is soooo neat!

Lauryn Ashli July 29, 2011 at 9:47 AM  

wow i love that. it looks beautiful on that bookshelf.
pinning it!

lovenotesbylauryn.blogspot.com

Delaney August 5, 2011 at 7:08 AM  

You've been featured on Fabulousity Friday at Sweet Tea Serendipity. Come & pick up your award here: http://sweetteaserendipity.blogspot.com/2011/08/fabulousity-friday-7.html

Lauren K. August 9, 2011 at 9:37 PM  

Love it! I'm a Kentucky girl too! I made one for a friend that moved away from KY.

Crystal @ Ordinary Days January 28, 2012 at 1:56 PM  

So cool!! I had no idea you were from KY! I am too. Mt. Sterling. Do you sell these?

Related Posts with Thumbnails